Twitter at the University of York
Figured it’d be useful to have a list of people actively using Twitter who are somewhat related to the University of York. I’ve never been a great fan of “groups”, so this is my way of getting the information out there.
Groups, Societies and Other Things That Aren’t People
- @yusu: Yep, our student union’s on Twitter. Oh, and they’ve got a shiny new site to go along with the start of the academic year.
- @UniOfYork: The main official account, as far as I can tell. @infocentre, the university information centre, is also on Twitter.
- @ChemistryatYork: In case you happen to be doing… well, Chemistry at York, I guess.
- @ystv: York Student Television, a society at the university.
- @yorknouse: Nouse, the student-run newspaper, and its sister account @nouselive.
- @theyorkeruk: The Yorker, another student media group at the university.
Some People I Like
Some people who technically aren’t related to the university any more, but they’re pretty funny. And hey, they used to have lectures and seminars and whatnot…
- @tomscott, last year’s SU President. Mainly because he makes things which somehow all happen to be quite cool.
- @unnamedculprit: I guess he could be described as Tom’s partner in crime. I’m not sure that definition’s accurate, but oh well.
- @pearfalse: See, now I can’t decide where the line between being a university student and not being one is…
- @cnorthwood, technical director for the student newspaper last year.
- @AliceBartlett: a graduate with a job. I feel like I should be surprised that I know a graduate with a job.
If I’ve done this right,
everybody most people linked to above
should have an unprotected account and be relatively active on Twitter. Most
of them will make you laugh, which is just a bonus. Sorry for how
spammy-looking this post is, but hopefully it’ll be useful to someone. Don’t
think I’ve forgotten anybody, but it wouldn’t surprise me… let me know if I
By Richard Mitchell on 30 August 2009 at 11:19:
Uni people of some degree of stature:
Not uni, but York people/entities:
@YorkFibbers - a local club
And me ;-) York graduate still living and working here.
By Alex Muller on 30 August 2009 at 15:43:
Thanks for all those Richard - I had no idea I’d forgotten so many! :(
By Greg Ebdon on 01 September 2009 at 22:23:
Less than three. I’ve just met @Vivan, so I’m saying that a lot today. Thanks for a damn useful list! Will RT everywhere.
By Liz Duncalf on 31 October 2009 at 23:37:
@UYCO University of York Concert Orchestra, of which I am their press and publicity officer :D